onsdag den 21. oktober 2015

No3 Kastrup silk top

I was given this wonderful pattern by Nanna, a taylor and patternmaker with the blog and shop called How to do fashion.
Nanna is so skilled and pays lots of attention to details. I love it.

The pattern arrived in its own cardboard envelope including the pattern and a label with "How to do fashion". You find the instructions for the pattern on Nannas webpage.


The pattern comes with lots of cute details. It feaures double layer cap sleeves, princess seams, raglan sleeves and a back slit. Everything is constructed and finished so clever - the true mark of a real taylor.


I took my time sewing this pattern. I wanted it to be just right. I had a lux dark blue navy stretch silk in my stash, I had been saving for a special project and this was it. I truly love this top even though I'm not quite sure the stretch silk was a good idea. The raglan sleeves came in a bit wobly due to the stretch factor. This is not something that will prevent me from wearing this top, but when I make it next time, I'll be sure to use non-stretch lightweight drapy fabric. I still learn a lot from every sewing project - and I really love when a pattern can learn you a new construction method.


On another note - I made some pretty boring black basic seperates which you can see in this blogpost too. A black wool stretch skirt made from a Burdastyle pattern. Nothing much to say about that, but it sure is comfy due to the stretch factor. On the last photo you get a glimpse of my new woolen pants. This is my first dip into pantsmaking (sweatpants aside). They are not perfect fit-wise, but definitely better than most of my RTW pants. I used a pattern from Burdastyle september issue from 2013 #136. It has a sidezip. At some point I would like to make a pair with a regular fly opening.



Thank you so much for giving me the pattern Nanna.

Happy sewing

Mette

2 kommentarer:

  1. Kæreste Mette
    Hvor ser den fin ud og sikke et godt arbejde. jeg er glad for at du synes om mønsteret

    de bedste hilsner Nanna

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Det kan du tro - det var en ren fornøjelse. Dit mønster er så gennemarbejdet og jeg elsker de små detaljer, som viser, at der ligger omtanke og godt håndværk bag. Tusind tak!

      Slet